When O’Sensei intoned kotodama, he usually did the following:
- First, he intoned the kotodama of creation once: SU-U-U-U-U-YU-MU.
- Next, he repeated the kotodama of existence three times: A-O-U-E-I.
- He said, MASAKATSU-AGATSU, KATSUHAYABI once…
- Then, AIKI O-KAMI (the Great Spirit of Aiki) was said once.
- O’Sensei would then return to the saying MASAKATSU, AGATSU, KATSUHAYABI, and intone the sounds that make up the words thirteen times.
- Lastly, he would say the following expression thirteen times: NAMU AME NO MURAKUMO KUKI SAMUHARA RYU-OO.
– – – Walther van Krenner, Following the Martial Path, p. 183